How I will handle your personal data and protect your privacy.

A guide to how I meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act.


Making sure personal data is secure and properly dealt with is of paramount importance in my dealings with you. It is therefore important you understand what information I will take, why I need it, and how I will process your details.

Who will process my data?

Love Active Life is an appointed representative of HL Partnership Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. As such, both Love Active Life and HL Partnership Limited will process your data in order to provide our services.


What data will you ask me for?

In order to fully understand your financial needs and be able to give good advice, I need to obtain information about you, your family, your personal circumstances, and your preferences. 


Some of the information will be private and may be sensitive, such as details of your income and expenditure, health, debts and credit commitments, legal proceedings and adverse credit. Much of the information you provide will, as part of your application, be passed on to the company whose products you apply for. 


Do I have to provide my personal data?

In order for me to be able to give you suitable advice, I need you to provide all the information I ask for as openly and honestly as possible. If you prefer not to disclose some information, please tell me that you prefer not to disclose it and I will assess whether this will alter or impede the work I am doing for you. 


How will you use my data?

There are a number of reasons I need to process your personal data;


1.The primary reason is to allow me to do the job you’ve asked me to do. Specifically, I will use your data to:

  • Assess and provide advice to meet your needs and circumstances;

  • Introduce you to a range of products in order to meet your requirements;

  • Administer cases and assist processing of applications;

  • Tell you about any changes to products and service I have arranged for you;

  • Inform you about products and services I think may be suitable for you (unless you ask me not to send you this information).


2.I may also process your information in order to meet my legal and regulatory requirements. These may include:

  • Complying with the regulations set out by the Financial Conduct Authority and other regulators as required;

  • Preventing financial crimes such as money laundering and fraud by passing your details to other relevant bodies such as the police and National Crime Agency where required.


3.I may also process your personal data for my own legitimate interests. Typically, these would be limited to:

  • Analysing my business for trends and research how I can improve my services to customers;

  • Reviewing the work I have carried out for you to ensure I have met the regulations and quality standards;

  • Ensuring I am able to exercise or defend legal challenges in the future.


How long I will store your data?

I will only keep your personal information as long as necessary. How long that is depends on the type of data and the nature of the work I have carried out. In most cases, your personal data will be stored for an indefinite period as I need to keep evidence that I have fulfilled my legal and regulatory requirements. 


Can I see a copy of my personal data?

Yes. Please write to the Data Controller (me!  Details below) and I will provide a copy of any personal data I hold about you within one calendar month of receiving your request. Please note that I may need to verify your identity before providing the information. 


What if my data is incorrect or incomplete?

You have the right to have your data corrected or completed by contacting the Data Controller in writing (details below). Please be aware that I need to maintain records of information as it was at the time of the advice or the transaction taking place. 


Can I have my data erased?

If I have provided you with advice or processed a transaction on your behalf, I will not normally be able to erase your personal data. This is because I am obliged to maintain records of my advice and transactions to meet my regulatory requirements and in case I need to exercise or defend legal claims in future.


Who is your Data Controller?

My Data Controllers are:

                  Jenny Botha

                  Estol, Guildford Road, Cranleigh, Surrey GU6 8QZ

                  07977 000919


My registration number on the Information Commissioner’s Office register is ZA186709

              HL Partnership Limited

                 Pharos House, High Street, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 1DN

                 01903 602644


HL Partnership's registration number on the Information Commissioner’s Office register is Z8588911


How can I get more information?

If you would like further details on how I use your personal information or if you have any data protection queries, please write to:

The Data Protection Officer, HL Partnership Limited, Pharos House, 67 High Street, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1DN

Telephone: 01903 602664*

Fax: 01903 538852


*Telephone calls may be recorded and monitored for training and security purposes.


If you’d like to make a complaint about how I have handled your personal data…

…please write in the first instance to The Data Protection Officer at the above address.


If you are not satisfied with the Data Protection Officer’s response, you can make a complaint to:

Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF

Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)

Email through their website at: